A Stone for Bread, award-winning novel by Miriam Herin
- On May 11, 2020, Miriam’s second novel A Stone for Bread won the 2020 Eric Hoffer competition Legacy Award, which placed the novel on the short list for the Eric Hoffer Book Award Grand Prize.
- Prior to publication, the Stone for Bread manuscript was a top-ten finalist in the 2014 International Faulkner-Wisdom Creative Writing Novel Competition.
- In 2016, it was nominated for North Carolina’s prestigious Sir Walter Raleigh Award for Fiction.
- Published by Livingston Press of the University of West Alabama, the novel received a starred Kirkus review through the Kirkus Indy program and was cited by Kirkus as an Indy Best book of the year for 2016.
- It was a 2017 Finalist in the International Book Awards, Literary Fiction category.
- In January, 2016, the novel was featured in The North Carolina Literary Review in a joint review with authors Robert Morgan and Terry Roberts. See the review.